How to design for education
How do we design for education?
Creating a design for education requires experience and expertise. And, it’s about more than simply making your school look good.
In fact, when we create bespoke Wall Art for schools, we start with their school improvement goals.
For example, we’ll find out if they’re keen to;
- inspire learning
- improve wellbeing
- motivate pupils
…or achieve a totally unique goal.
Once we know what each school wants to achieve, we undertake a finely tuned design process. This is to make sure the end result is aligned to each school’s expectations. Finally, it’s time for print and design.
Read on to find out more about how to design for education. And learn about why we’re unique in our design approach.
Design for education
We are proud of the fact that when we design for education, we create everything bespoke.
Our in-house design team tailors each piece to the school’s unique goals, preferences, branding and style.
This approach has multiple benefits;
- Pupils – bespoke design creates a unified look and feel that feels familiar and cohesive. Most schools also have a clear, pupil-focused goal in mind when they approach us.
- Teachers know their pupils better than anyone else. So they can heavily influence the design process by sharing their insight into what will resonate best with pupils. Our Wall Art is also designed to inspire and motivate the teachers themselves. So they can include their own, personal preferences within the design process.
- Parents can see, first-hand, that their child’s school invests in their learning environment. Wall art can stimulate discussion and encourage pupils to engage with certain subjects and fields of interest. So, for parents, it makes life a whole lot easier when their children are naturally curious and interested in learning.
- Visitors can form an instant first impression of a school based on their visual environment. This is particularly useful for prospective parents and teachers, or Ofsted inspectors.
The design process
We’ve worked in education and design for over twenty years. So, we have the experience and expertise to transform any learning environment.
Here are a few highlights of our design process;
- We start with a creative brief to capture your needs and preferences
- Our in-house design team creates your artwork
- You can then feed back on the designs – and you benefit from unlimited amends
- Most schools only need a couple of minor tweaks to the initial designs to get them just right
- Then, they’ll approve the designs and we’ll finalise them in the studio
- Our installation team can install your Wall Art at a time that suits you. This may be over the weekend or during the holidays
The best moment? Seeing the looks on your pupils’ faces when they arrive at school and see the transformation!
Get in touch
Contact us to find out more about Wall Art for your school.
We can visit your school, free of charge, for a Covid-safe consultation. This helps us measure up your available space so we can put together your quote.