BBC 500 Words Competition – Wall Art
Promote Your School has donated a Wall Art project to support the BBC 500 Words Competition.
BBC 500 Words is the UK’s most successful children’s writing competition. And it’s back in 2023!
Children of all abilities will use their creativity and imagination to write a story. Their story can cover any topic or theme. And, best of all, children don’t need to worry about grammar or punctuation. It’s all about the storytelling!
Win a Wall Art project for your school
Every child that submits a story to the BBC 500 Words Competition will be automatically entered into a random draw.
One lucky child, selected at random, will win 500 books and a bespoke Wall Art project for their school.
The Wall Art project, donated by Promote Your School, will celebrate the magic of books and the power of storytelling.
- Promote Your School will design bespoke Wall Art for the winning school
- Print and install up to 30 square metres of vinyl Wall Art
- The Wall Art will be related to storytelling, books or literacy
- Your school will feature on Promote Your School and BBC’s digital channels
Storytelling offers many benefits to children;
- supports brain development
- improves memory
- builds empathy
- reduces stress
- boosts communication
- strengthens relationships
Storytelling through visuals
Visuals displays in schools get pupils in the right mindset for learning. So they’re a powerful resource that complements lessons in the classroom.
Over the past few years, Promote Your School has supported multiple literacy initiatives for organisations like BookTrust, The Reading Agency and Bookmark Reading Charity.
Now, we’re delighted to support the BBC 500 Words competition. And it’s our goal to encourage children across the UK to let their imaginations run wild and put pen to paper.
Our literacy Wall Art encourages reading for pleasure and stimulates discussion and storytelling between peers.
One lucky author will win a bespoke Wall Art project for their school, and bring the magic of storytelling to their walls!
What to expect
- Once the winning author and school have been chosen at random, they will be notified
- BBC will pass the school’s details to Promote Your School
- A member of the Promote Your School will contact the school
- They will introduce themselves, explain how the prize works and detail what to expect
- From there, they’ll arrange an in-person visit to the school
- During this visit, the PYS consultant will measure up the wall space and discuss design options with the school
- Once agree, the consultant will guide the school through their design process
- Promote Your School offers unlimited amends to the artwork, according to the original brief
- Once the school is 100% satisfied, they’ll approve their final artwork
- Our installation team will contact the school to arrange a pre-installation survey
- Now for the exciting part! The Wall Art will be installed
- Pupils, parents and staff will enjoy the new, visual Wall Art for many years to come!
- Closing date for entries is 10th November 2023
Click here to find out more about Wall Art by Promote Your School.
Find out more
Enter the BBC 500 Words Competition here.
Contact us to find out more about Wall Art for Schools or corporate partnerships.
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.