GCC Schools invest in visual displays
GCC Schools are investing in premium visual displays for their walls.
It’s encouraging to see so many GCC Schools transforming their learning environments with visual Wall Art. From wellbeing walls to core subject features, schools are investing in premium visual displays that help them achieve their unique goals.
“The real asset of any advanced nation is its people, especially the educated ones, and the prosperity and success of the people are measured by the standard of their education” – Late Shaikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan
The visual learning environment
Your school is the home of future leaders. Future CEOs, scientists, thespians, sportspeople, firefighters, teachers and parents all walk your hallways daily. You’re giving them the best start in life with a well rounded education, outstanding teachers and a diverse curriculum.
If GCC Schools invest in their learning environments, they can also play a big part in inspiring future leaders. A positive, visually appealing school can raise aspirations and get pupils in the right mindset for learning. It can nuture their creativity and wellbeing too.
“The temporary introduction of 100% online teaching [during the Covid-19 pandemic], often had a detrimental effect on student learning” (El-Sakran et al., 2022).
You may be tempted to go with low cost options for school improvement. But, what saves you money in the short-term could you cost you more over time.
- many temporary visual displays can become worn and dated after a short time and may need to be replaced regularly. This can cost a lot more than if you’d invested in a higher quality, long-term product upfront
- Upkeep costs money, so make sure you check out what maintenance is required on any products you invest in
- any visual displays should be designed specifically for busy school environments, so they can withstand any wear and tear, spills and heavy footfall
- Curriculum based displays can complement teachers’ lessons, saving teaching time as pupils will already be engaged in the subject when they reach the classroom
- many schools rely on painting to keep their walls looking fresh. But this is a costly process that needs to be repeated regularly. It’s often more cost effective to opt for a fixed visual overlay on the wall, like Wall Art. This lasts years and requires no maintenance
Look outside your budget
Are you keen to invest in your learning environment but find that funds are limited or difficult to access? Consider alternative funding options outside your school budget.
Visit our Resources page to understand the grants and funding options that are available for various school improvement projects, and how to apply.
Many schools have successfully secured funding for their improvement projects through crowd-funding, events and hiring out of halls and playing fields.
Teachers continue to find innovative ways to fund their projects. And we’re always available to help schools assess what funding options might be available to them.
Wall Art for schools
Take a walk around your school and reflect on any areas that are dull, worn or unappealing. They may offer blank wall space that could be used to inspire learning, create a sense of belonging or raise morale.
- stairwells with uninspiring walls – an area of high footfall, so ideal for Wall Art!
- corridors that are plain and practical but lack character and warmth
- classroom walls with temporary displays that need a lot of upkeep
- communal areas like halls, reception areas and canteens where pupils meet every day
- outdoor areas in need of TLC or better branding and signage
Now consider how visual Wall Art could transform these areas and create beautiful learning spaces. View our case studies of Values Wall Art at Al Dhafra Private School and a Book Title Wall Art at Raha International School.
Stairwell Wall Art
Many schools don’t realise that their stairwells can help them achieve their improvement goals, in a cost effective way.
You may think, “but my stairwells are unsightly!”, “it’ll be a huge project” or “stairwells are purely functional”.
But you can use your stairwells in a myriad of ways, starting with a single feature wall.
Stairwells are a high footfall area of your school, used multiple times every day. So, why not use them to inspire learning, improve wellbeing or spark curiosity?
Some schools use their stairwell walls to impart knowledge or show the breadth and balance of their curriculum. While others use them to create immersive learning spaces, with an air of escapism.
Corridors and classrooms
School corridors tend to offer lots of continuous white wall space…perfect as a blank canvas for Wall Art!
Inspirational leaders, uplifting quotes and local landmarks work well too. Think about what you’d like to achieve – learning, wellbeing or morale – and then we’ll help you decide what sort of design to opt for.
The same principle applies to your classroom walls. Instead of tatty, temporary displays, invest in durable, long-term Wall Art. It will ignite curiosity and engage pupils in learning.
Communal areas and outdoors
A bold, branded design on your reception area wall can boost your brand image and make a positive first impression of your school.
While your school hall can inspire pupils to harness their creativity or engage in physical activity and games.
Use your outdoor walls, fences and gates to create a positive impression of your school to passers-by, before they’ve even entered the building.
Wall Art for GCC Schools
Contact us to arrange a free, no obligation consultation to discuss your goals. We’ll help you maximise your space and budget for the best end result.
Our service for GCC Schools includes design, print and installation.