Wall Art Trends for 2023
Wall Art trends for 2023 – what can we expect in the New Year?
Literacy, environmental awareness, wellbeing and theatre walls are set to be the biggest Wall Art trends for 2023.
In 2022, schools have found creative and innovative ways to fund their school improvement projects. So we expect to see this trend continuing as budgets remain tight, but school improvement stays high on the agenda.
Check out our Funding Resources page for tips and ideas on school funding options.
Reflecting on 2022
We’ve had a busy year, and have installed over 800 Wall Art projects for schools around the world.
The top Wall Art trends for 2022 have included;
- Timelines – consistently popular for schools. They promote active learning and help pupils understand chronology and relativity of events.
- Maps – a wonderful resource that helps pupils understand and appreciate the world around them, and their place in it.
- Stairwell Wall Art – stairs are often a problem area, but they’re actually the perfect space for Wall Art.
- Values walls – these can be branded with the school’s logo and colours for a visually powerful effect.
- Curriculum designs – a single subject or a mix of subjects, this is a great way to impart knowledge and show curriculum intent.
Wall Art trends for 2023
We expect to see a lot of the common Wall Art types continue to be popular in 2023.
But we’re already seeing a shift towards some other goals and topics as well.
Literacy will continue to be a big area of focus for many schools. It’s not just about encouraging children to read. Instead, schools are using Wall Art to build a culture that encourages ‘reading for pleasure’.
Literacy Wall Art will be a popular trend in 2023 because it inspires natural curiosity and turns ordinary areas into magical reading spaces.
We also expect to see increased demand for nature literacy Wall Art. This combines the wellbeing benefits of nature visuals, with designs that showcase the power of reading.
We’ve already seen increased demand in 2022 for environmental awareness Wall Art.
And this is no surprise, as worries about the environment can cause severe anxiety in children. In a recent survey, close to 60% of young people said that they felt “very” or “extremely” worried about climate change
Environmental awareness Wall Art will be a popular trend in 2023 because it’s practical, helpful and proven to make an impact.
Schools will use Wall Art to share facts about the natural world and why it’s so important. They’ll also use their walls to provide helpful and practical tips about how to take action.
Instead of feeling anxious, pupils will feel empowered to make changes and inspire others to take action too.
We expect wellbeing to be one of the biggest Wall Art trends for 2023.
This means we’ll be creating;
- immersive designs featuring forests, landscapes and underwater worlds
- uplifting quotes to motivate pupils and boost morale
- inspirational role models to inspire pupils from all backgrounds
- tips for healthy habits and positive mindsets to encourage good mental, emotional and physical health
Drama is a super outlet for children to express themselves.
Whether they watch a show, or perform, children can escape the ordinary and enter a world of possibility. We’ve already seen increased demand for Theatre Wall Art in 2022. So we’re confident it will be one of the big Wall Art trends for 2023.
We design Theatre walls bespoke to each school’s requirements. So we can ensure the content is well suited to pupils’ ages and that it features a diverse range of shows, films and screenplays.
Wall Art for your school in 2023
If you’re seeking new and innovative ways to achieve your aspirations in 2023, do get in touch!
Our bespoke Wall Art will help you achieve your unique goals. We can transform any space in your school, from small corners and single walls to huge areas and communal spaces.
Check out our case studies for inspiration on your next project…