Back to school – how to motivate pupils
Are you keen to unlock new ways to motivate pupils when they go back to school after the Summer holidays?
As pupils and teachers prepare to go back to school, we’re all hoping for a settled and positive year ahead.
And, after the disruption of the past year, learning is at the top of the agenda for teachers and parents. But, how do you engage pupils to immerse themselves in learning, and close any knowledge gaps?
In this blog, we’ll give you some ideas for fresh new ways to stimulate pupils’ curiosity and motivate them to learn.
Bridging the learning gap
As we start the new school year, it’s more important than ever that students have a positive environment in which to learn.
A few ways to enrich your learning environment and make it more positive;
- Make it visual – use visual learning cues wherever possible to help pupils absorb and remember facts
- Immersive learning – Use lots of colour and large, vivid imagery to bring information to life
- Think beyond the classroom – you can use any space in your school as a learning opportunity. This includes your corridors, stairwells and even communal spaces like halls and outdoor areas. Think about how you can stimulate discussion, invoke curiosity and encourage pupils to want to find out more about subjects.
Wall Art for learning
At Promote Your School, we design bespoke Wall Art for schools that motivates pupils, stimulates discussion and inspires learning.
Our most popular types of Wall Art are;
- Timelines: allow pupils to walk side-by-side with key dates in history, showing the chronology and impact of events
- Maps: a beautiful and visual extra large map is a wonderful way to give context and connection to the wider world
- Literacy themes: if you don’t have a dedicated school library, use your corridors to promote reading
- Immersive learning: floor to ceiling Wall Art that truly immerses pupils into a particular subject or interest area
- Outdoor spaces: transform your outdoor space into a learning area, or hide unsightly fences and outbuildings
These are just a snapshot of the types of Wall Art we can design.
All our artwork is customised to each individual school, so we can design pretty much any concept you can conceive!
A consultative approach
We provide a fully consultative approach, from start to finish. It begins with a free site visit to your school; this allows us to chat about your objectives and measure up your available space.
Then, we’ll put together a bespoke quote based on your needs and budget. We’ll guide you through the design process, until finally – the TADAAA moment; we’ll print and install your Wall Art at a convenient time for you.
We’re able to install Wall Art at weekends and during the school holidays to minimise disruption. So we can work around your schedule and arrange an installation date that suits you!