Field Sales Representative – North of England
Promote Your School is the market leader for delivering bespoke Wall Art to the education sector.
We’re looking for a talented Field Sales Representative to join our office in the North of England. Our ideal candidate will be excited by the idea of creating inspiring learning environments for primary schools, secondary schools, colleges and universities.
Our northern office currently covers areas including and near to;
Manchester, Liverpool, Bradford, Wigan, Leeds, Sheffield, Wakefield, York, Preston, Blackpool, North Lincolnshire and North Wales. We also occasionally cover areas in the North East of England. But the successful applicant can negotiate the exact locations they will cover based on their preferences.
As our Field Sales Representative, you will attend sales meetings to explain our product, offer consultation to clients and be the face of our company. You’ll also need to engage with customers face to face during these meetings, so you’ll have excellent customer service and consultative skills. In order to secure this role, you must hold a full UK driving licence and be willing to drive to multiple meetings in a day.
You will also confidently generate meetings with clients and nurture sales opportunities to close sales and meet targets. And you’ll own relationships and oversee orders from conception to completion.
Finally, we attend regular trade shows, so you will be expected to attend these to promote the brand, products and our services.
Skills and background
We would like someone to join our company who comes from an education, creative or field sales background. You might have experience in one, or all, of these areas.
For example, this role would suit someone;
- with experience in education who is keen to move from the public to the private sector and wants to be involved with schools
- with a creative background who is also after a new challenge or
- who has a field sales background and would like to apply their sales techniques and pipeline management to the education sector.
You’ll be adept at the following:
- Meeting personal targets
- Managing your own workload
- Being personable, approachable and friendly
- Having strong customer service skills as you will be meeting customers face to face
- Being punctual
- Being efficient and productive
- Being self-motivated and driven
- Having strong communication skills
- Being familiar with sales techniques and pipeline management and be able to adapt those skills to the education sector
You will be responsible for generating and nurturing leads through the sales funnel (prospects, leads, qualified leads, customer) by:
- Developing a detailed understanding of the education market and the products and services that we provide
- Liaising with the marketing team in order to generate leads and sales meetings
- Responding to enquiries promptly
- Following up leads in a systematic and suitable way
- Maintaining and expanding leads/client database in order to ensure data that future marketing and customer service is tailored, up-to-date and relevant to leads/clients
- Booking and attending sales meetings daily with prospective clients (schools, nurseries, universities)
- Putting together quotes and sending them on to prospective clients
- Maintaining contact with clients who have received quotes in a systematic and suitable way in order to convert quotes to orders
- Converting quotes to orders
- Working with the design and production teams to ensure orders are delivered to a high standard and in line with your customer’s expectations
- Developing customer relations by being available as a point of contact to customers where needed through the service process
- Nurturing relationships with existing customers to generate repeat business.
Suitable candidates will be expected to follow current procedures. Full training will be given.
Hours:. 35 hours a week
Salary: Based on experience